Are you concerned about the impact your business has on the environment and want to reduce it, but don’t know where to start? Or have an existing programme but now want to do more? Then join our free webinar on Friday 23rd April 2021, kindly hosted by Buckinghamshire Business First!
The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted businesses like never before but led to some positive environmental impacts; significant improvements in air quality and reductions in greenhouse gas emissions as commuting and business travel reduced cast a spotlight on how everyday business activity impacts the environment. So how do we take the environmental positives out of the last year, and “Build Back Greener”; providing benefits to our planet, employees and customers?
Now is the perfect time for businesses to be understanding and addressing their environmental impacts, and their wider purpose and role in society, and in doing so, improving future business resilience and enhancing their reputation with customers.
Environmental sustainability and CSR can be a confusing and complex challenge for businesses. We all want to “do the right thing”, but what does that mean? And that’s exactly what we’ll discuss at this interactive session.
The webinar will be in two parts. Phil Clarke (founder of Consciam) will explain the background issues to the climate and ecological crisis, the business case for action, and provide examples of what actions business could and should take. The second part of the session will be open for questions and answers, to help really help tackle the key issues you face in getting started, or developing your environmental or CSR programme. Do feel free to send your questions in advance.
What knowledge will you take away with you?
By attending this webinar you will learn about:
- The background issues – what is climate change and the environmental/ecological crisis?
- What this means for your business – how will a changing environment affect you?
- The business case for taking action – from becoming more resilient, mitigating risk, and seizing new opportunities, to reducing costs and engaging key stakeholders.
- What you could, should and must do – from understanding your impacts, practical and impactful ways to reduce them, offsetting, net zero, and key legislation.
- How to get started – and what to do next.